Saturday, November 27, 2010

Cold Fire

I have a stinking cold. I had it two weeks ago and I thought I'd got rid of it, but no it came back with a vengence. The cough is sitting in my chest and because of the really cold weather (including snow today) my chest is wheezing away like the penguin in Toy Story. It now means in addition to anti-depressants and antacid I am also now taking cough medicine and cold and flu tablets. The latter are because they contain paracetamol which helps with the splitting headache caused from coughing too much. This evening I feel like I am just falling apart.

Its been quite a few days since I wrote anything down. Its not that I've had nothing to write about, it's just that I've actually been quite busy. I've not been out or anything, I've just been doing things to occupy my time. Of the top of my head right now, I cant think what I've done but I know I enjoyed and have felt good about it. Stoopid memory failure!

I am currently cat sitting for my folks as they swan about Paris. It's theraputic for me as the cat, Cleo, is a lovely little thing and has spent most of the last three hours curled up next to me on the sofa while I watched Thorne. She is currently sitting on the landing looking disgruntled with my choice of music. I don't think she is a fan of classic rock.

My second week at work has gone okay and next week I am increasing the number of hours I do from 20 to 25. This week felt a lot easier. I haven't felt so tired and I've been walking to and from work a lot more. The cold snap at the end of the week didn't help as it made breathing harder, today being the worst it has felt. It's been nice to be back at work to get some routine going again but I've also managed to get some serious painting done this week. I've now finished four chariots for the Ancient British army I am currently painting. I find painting very relaxing and it has always been a way of relaxing for me for many years. I actually feel that I am producing some of the best stuff I have ever done. People who come into the shop where most of the good stuff is on display are saying how good it looks which does wonders for my confidence.

Breaking news: the cat has just sat on my lap. I think she is a fan of Nine Inch Nails as that is what is currently on Planet Rock. She has got taste after all!

I think I'm done for the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment